Yorktown Heights Fire District Dive/Rescue Vehicle
Yorktown Heights chose a 39.5ft. MT-55 chassis with a 30,000 GVWR for their new dive vehicle. Built on a Freightliner MT-55 forward control chassis, the vehicle includes a 300HP engine and an Allison 2500 EVS transmission. A manually operated exterior entrance step has been installed under the passenger side entry door for easy entry.
Inside, custom fabricated cabinets and gear racks provide ample room for dive gear. In the front of the truck is fixed-bench seating with removable cushions for additional storage. A workstation area for dive team members includes a task chair, custom-fabricated overhead aluminum cabinets with dry erase surfaces, a 26″ monitor, and a white board. A slide-out printer tray allows for easy access when maintenance is required. Closets include adjustable shelves when reconfiguration is needed for certain equipment.
The vehicle features a 18′ power retractable awning on the exterior to provide coverage to those working outside. Roll-up gear and oxygen tank storage cabinets integrated into the body. A custom-fabricated generator box has been fabricated for the 15kW generator. Two swing-out rear doors provide a second entry point to the vehicle and a rear-mounted ladder provides access to the truck’s roof. The truck has a complete emergency lighting and siren package as well. To access the collapsible observation deck area, a roof access ladder has been affixed to the rear of the vehicle.
- Freightliner MT-55 forward control chassis
- Cummins 300HP engine
- Allison 2500 EVS automatic transmission
- Color backup camera system
- Blackout curtains for cab area windows
- Overhead cabinets with dry erase writing surfaces
- Slide-out printer tray
- 2 low-profile air conditioners
- Diesel generator
- LDV Intel-I-Touch™ Multiplex system
- Telescoping tripod light pole
- 26″ LCD HDTV
- Exterior storage compartments
- Retractable awning
- Complete emergency lighting and siren package
- Rear-mounted ladder
- Collapsible observation deck railing
- Custom fabricated gear racks
- Rear swing out doors
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..