St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center (WI) Mobile Mammography Vehicle
St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center chose LDV to create their mobile mammography vehicle. This medical vehicle is built on a Freightliner MC diesel FRED chassis with an LDV custom coach shell. It includes a Cummins ISB 6.7 diesel engine, Allison 2350 mH automatic transmission, air suspension and air brakes. An exterior access box pan door has been integrated into the vehicle's body for servicing of the mammography equipment inside.
Inisde is a front waiting area with a fixed bench seat perfect for two people. Additional fixed bench seating with a side table has been added to the street side as well. Custom laminate cabinets have been installed for storage and for housing the galley kitchen. This galley area includes a 3.6 cu. ft. refrigerator and microwave. Solid surface countertops provide durability throughout the vehicle as well. Flush pocket doors on heavy-duty tracks have been installed in the two changing areas for patients along with a shelf, two coat hooks, and mirror. RJ-CAT6 computer network jacks, duplex receptacles, GFCI duplex receptacles, and an AC power surge suppression system have been added throughout. At the rear is the mammography area with the mammography gantry, additional cabinets, wheelchair access door and an electric water system. A Temp Stick WiFi temperature and humidity sensor helps keep equipment safe within the mammography suite.
An 18ft. lateral arm electric awning provides coverage for those outside the vehicle. Electric power is provided by the 25-kW liquid-cooled diesel generator which has been installed in an underbody compartment. Keeping things warm in the winter are two 12,000-16,000 BTU/hr direct discharge diesel-fired furnaces and two wall mount 5,120 BTU/hr electric heaters. Roof vent rain covers have been added to protect from inclement weather as well. Scene lights help illuminate the exterior of the vehicle. To finish off the vehicle, a bold full-body graphic wrap has been installed.
- Freightliner MC diesel FRED chassis
- LDV custom coach
- 18ft. lateral arm electric awning
- Electric water system in mammography area
- Flush pocket doors on heavy-duty tracks
- (2) changing areas with shelf, coat hooks, and mirror
- Bold full body graphic wrap
- Fixed bench seating with removable cushions
- Galley area with microwave & 3.6 cu.ft. refrigerator
- Custom laminate cabinets
- Solid surface countertops
- RJ-45 CAT6 computer network jacks
- Temp Stick WiFi temperature and humidity sensor
- 25-kW liquid-cooled diesel generator
- Zone Defense color backup camera system
- (2) 12,000-16,000 BTU/hr direct discharge diesel-fired furnaces
- (2) wall mount 5,120 BTU/hr electric heaters
- (2) roof vent rain covers
Support and Resources
Have a question? We've got answers.
Get the answers you need.
Discover our financing options.