Salinas Police Department (CA) Mobile Command Center
Salinas Police Department (CA) chose LDV to build their mobile command center. This mobile command center is built on a Ford F550 4×2 gas chassis and is powered by a 6.8L V10 engine and a TorqShift 6-speed automatic transmission with PTO provision. The cab area features a custom console which can house a siren controller, police radio, and other controls needed by the department.
Inside, the front features two workstations featuring spider-base task chairs, a 32″ monitor, RJ-45 Cat6 network jacks, 20A-125Vac duplex receptacles with charging ports, and custom overhead cabinets with dry erase surfaces. An electronics rack has also been installed between the overhead cabinets. Aluminum box pan shelves provide storage space. There is also a 32″ LED TV monitor that has been installed on the front wall of the work area. Under the countertop area sits a 2.7 cu.ft. refrigerator and a printer on a custom slide-out tray for easy access and maintenance. Pre-wire and installation provisions have been made for communications radios as well.
The rear conference area features fixed bench seating with removable cushions for additional storage space and more custom overhead cabinets. There is also a flip-down work station counter that can be set up between the bench seats with a single pedestal. A 30″ flip-down step has been installed on the rear bumper for access to this rear conference area.
A 13′ automatic awning provides shade over the curbside entry door when needed. When the vehicle requires electric power, a 7kW 120 volt AC generator in custom-fabricated all aluminum compartment. A Zone Defense color back-up camera system has been installed to assist with parking duties. HVAC is handled by 2 ducted low-profile air conditioners. A heavy-duty four point fully-automatic one-touch leveling system ensures the vehicle sits level at any scene. Heavy-duty underbody storage compartments provide exterior storage space complete with LED lights that illuminate when the door is opened.
- Ford F550
- 20′ dry van body
- Custom cab console
- 30″ aluminum flip-down step on rear bumper
- 2.7 cu.ft. refrigerator
- 7kW 120 volt generator in custom-fabricated all aluminum compartment
- 20A-125Vac duplex receptacles with charging ports
- RJ-45 Cat6 network jacks
- CradlePoint cellular router with roof mounted antennas
- Interior IP camera and microphone system
- Fixed bench seating with removable cushions
- Flip-down workstation counter with pedestal in rear conference area
- 13′ automatic awning
- Custom overhead cabinets with dry erase surfaces
- Printer on a custom slide-out tray
- Zone Defense color back-up camera system
- (2) ducted low-profile air conditioners
- Underbody storage compartments with LED lights
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..