Manitowoc County Emergency Management (WI) Mobile Command Center
We just completed this mobile command center for Manitowoc County Emergency Management in Wisconsin. The command vehicle is built on a Freightliner MT-55 forward control chassis and features a CUMMINS B6.7L diesel engine with 260HP and an Allison 2200EVS automatic transmission with PTO provision. The all aluminum body construction features an exterior monitor compartment, extreme duty body storage compartments and two of our in-house fabricated flat floor slide-outs. A complete emergency lighting and siren package has been installed along with bright LED scene lighting. A vehicle leveling system has also been installed to stabilize the command center while deployed. Our Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system has been installed to simplify the set-up of the vehicle on scene. A video matrix switcher has been installed to send video signals to any of the installed monitors.
Inside, the mobile command center has a front conference and collaboration room with fixed center table and four spider base task chairs for staff. Flip down bench seating has also been installed. The street side wall features a large magnetic surface dry erase white board. Dual 43″ display monitors have been wall mounted to the curbside interior wall. The vehicle has a lot of radios installed in the rear of the conference room. We prewired the entire vehicle for their radios and microphones during the manufacturing process. A magnetic closure pocket door has been added for privacy when needed. Blackout curtains have also been made for the cab area windows.
The middle room of the command center features a large electronics rack, large storage closet and a multi-function printer on a slide out tray. A galley with microwave and refrigerator is also part of this area. Custom fabricated aluminum cabinets are utilized throughout and overhead cabinets have dry erase writing surface for note taking.
The rear work room has dual workstations, high resolution display monitors and dual 24″ computer monitors for each workstation.
A 25kW liquid-cooled diesel generator has been included to supply plenty of electric power to the vehicle. A full vehicle surge suppression system protects all of the installed equipment. A Night Scan LED light tower has been installed for night operations. A non-locking rear pneumatic mast features dual dome network IP cameras for surveillance. CAT6 network wiring and jacks have been utilized throughout. Two multi-band 5G cellular antennas have been installed in the vehicle as well. A Columbia Weather Systems weather station provides real time updates on the weather.
- Freightliner MT-55 forward control chassis
- All aluminum body construction
- (2) LDV-fabricated flat floor slide outs
- Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system
- Localized Intel-I-Touch mini touchpads
- 25kW liquid cooled diesel generator
- Full vehicle surge suppression system
- Emergency lighting and siren package
- LED scene lighting
- Vehicle leveling system
- Exterior monitor compartment
- Extreme Duty body storage compartments
- Non-locking pneumatic mast
- (2) Dome network IP cameras
- Radio wall: Customer communication radios
- (6) Spider base task chairs
- Flip down bench seating
- Large electronics rack
- Rear work room
- Magnetic soft close pocket doors
- Magnetic surface dry erase white boards
- Blackout curtains for cab windows
- Custom fabricated aluminum cabinetry
- Columbia Weather Systems weather station
- HDMI video matrix switcher
- CAT6 network wiring and jacks
- Galley w/ microwave & refrigerator
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..