Loyola Medicine Pediatric Mobile Health Unit
Loyola selected a 40′ long aluminum walk in style van with an extended ceiling height of 92″. The truck is under CDL weight, thus a commercial driver’s license is not required. The unit features a large front exam area. In the center of the vehicle is a check-out area with a desk and custom fabricated bench with storage at the center. There is also a galley area that features a 2.7 cu.ft. refrigerator, a plumbed galley system, soap dispenser, and wastebasket. Solid surface countertops have been used for durability. The waiting room has been outfitted with a 32″ LED 1080p HDTV and DVD player along with cabinets that can be used for storage. A PPE cabinet has been mounted to the wall for easy access to much needed equipment. The rear area features a second large exam area and workstation. The rear exam area also houses the wheelchair lift when it is not in use.
HVAC is handled by three ducted low-profile air conditioners and three 12,000-16,000 Btu/hr direct discharge diesel-fired furnaces. A 12-kW diesel generator provides electric power to the vehicle when needed. To ensure the vehicle is parked level once it reaches its location, an automatic leveling system has been installed.
- Non CDL Commercial Freightliner MT 55
- 26,000 GVWR
- 92″ high and 30′ long all aluminum walk in style van body
- Medical package interior including: Lonseal floor, Korogard wall covering and trim, aluminum cabinets and solid surface countertop materials
- Refrigerator, fully plumbed galley
- Custom fabricated aluminum cabinets
- Brewer exam stools and tables
- LED TV, DVD player
- Telephone system, CAT 6 computer network jacks, multi-function printer, Cisco router
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..