Largo Police Department (FL) Mobile Command Center
The Largo Police Department of Florida chose LDV to create their new mobile command center. Built on a Freightliner M2 conventional cab chassis, the vehicle features an Allison 3000 EVS automatic transmission, rear air ride suspension, and air brakes. We fabricated three of our industry-exclusive flat-floor slide out room extensions to maximize the interior work space of Largo’s vehicle. These slide outs can be deployed using LDV’s industry-exclusive Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system. This sophisticated system can also control features such as lighting, HVAC, leveling, generators, and so much more. The exterior is outfitted with a weatherproof exterior workstation which includes a TV monitor, mini Intel-I-Touch pad, multiple receptacles, HDMI inputs, and a communications radio.
Inside the vehicle is a front work area that features a fixed conference table and five mesh nesting chairs. Three monitors have been mounted in the room – one on the back wall and one in each slide-out. On each side of the conference table is fixed bench seating with removable cushions for added storage space. A corner workstation has also been included on the street side of the room and features dual monitors, input jacks and communications radio. There are also custom aluminum cabinets with a slide-out tray for a printer.
In the center of the vehicle is a galley kitchen complete with microwave, coffee maker, and a 2.7 cu.ft. refrigerator. A weapons cabinet with a lockable door has also been fabricated for storage. An on-board lavatory is also featured with a toilet, sink and pressurized lavatory water system. Two flush pocket doors have been installed, creating privacy between the different vehicle sections when needed. Solid surface countertops have been used throughout the vehicle for durability as well. Pre-wire and installation provisions have been made for communications radios as well.
At the rear of the vehicle is more workstations, overhead cabinets with dry erase writing surfaces, and multiple inputs. A framed magnetic white board sits between the two streetside workstations. A stowable conference table can also be deployed in the center of this area and fits two additional spider base task chairs. A 50″ monitor sits on the very rear wall of the vehicle which can display a feed from the exterior mast camera.
An emergency lights and siren package has been installed on the exterior of the vehicle for high visibility when traveling to a scene. Four low-profile rooftop air conditioners help keep things cool in the Florida heat. A heavy-duty non-locking telescoping pneumatic mast has been installed on the rear of the vehicle with camera to help keep watch over the vehicle’s surroundings. A motorized retractable lateral arm awning has been added to help keep shade over those using the exterior workstation. Providing electric power to the vehicle when needed is a 20-kW liquid-cooled diesel generator in a custom fabricated compartment.
- Freightliner M2 conventional cab chassis
- LDV’s Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system
- (3) flat-floor slide out room extensions
- Weatherproof exterior workstation
- (2) flush pocket doors installed on heavy-duty aluminum tracks
- Galley kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, and 2.7 cu.ft. refrigerator
- Emergency lights and siren package
- Fixed bench seating with removable cushions
- Custom fabricated aluminum cabinets
- (5) mesh nesting chairs
- Weapons cabinet with lockable door
- Solid surface countertops
- On-board lavatory with toilet, sink, and pressurized lavatory water system
- 20-kW liquid-cooled diesel generator in a custom fabricated compartment
- (4) low profile rooftop air conditioners
- Heavy-duty non-locking telescoping pneumatic mast
- Pre-wire and installation provisions for communications radios
- Motorized retractable lateral arm awning
- Fully automatic one-touch vehicle leveling system
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..