Lake County Sheriff (IL) Mobile Command Center
This mobile command center was recently completed for the Lake County Sheriff’s Office in Illinois and is built on a Freightliner MT-55 step van chassis with a CUMMINS B6.7L diesel engine with automatic transmission. The all aluminum body construction features one of our in-house fabricated flat floor slide-outs and Extreme Duty body storage compartments for additional gear storage. We integrated a complete emergency lighting and siren package along with bright LED scene lighting to the body as well. LDV’s exclusive Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system simplifies the setup of the vehicle on scene. Entry into the vehicle is through a swing out curbside entry door with electric step. A color backup camera system has been added to aid parking maneuvers.
Inside, a front conference room has been added which features fixed and flip down bench seating for staff members. A center conference table has a flip down leaf and two spider base task chairs as well. Magnetic surface dry erase white boards are added throughout the interior. The slide-out wall has a 43″ high resolution display monitor and dual 24″ monitors.
The center of the vehicle features a galley with microwave, refrigerator and Keurig® coffee maker. Custom aluminum cabinetry is installed for additional gear storage. A large electronics rack houses all of the installed electronics. A closet with adjustable shelving is also part of the center of the command center. We also installed a communications closet and a multi0function printer.
The rear room has four workstations with 24″ high resolution display monitors. Each workstation has a spider base task chair. Overhead cabinets feature dry erase writing surface and LED undercabinet lighting.
The HVAC system consists of three ducted low-profile rooftop A/C units with wall thermostat. A Broan wall mounted electric heater and dual direct discharge diesel-fired furnaces are also installed. A Wrico platinum series 14kW liquid-cooled diesel generator in a custom fabricated compartment supplies plenty of electric power to the vehicle. A full vehicle surge suppression system protects all of the installed equipment.
- Freightliner MT-55 step van chassis
- All aluminum body construction
- Vehicle leveling system
- Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system
- Single LDV-fabricated flat floor slide out
- Extreme Duty body storage compartments
- Emergency lighting and siren package
- LED scene lighting
- Fixed and flip down bench seating
- Center conference table with fold down leaf
- (6) Spider base task chairs
- Large electronics rack
- Full vehicle surge suppression system
- CAT6 network wiring and jacks
- Galley w/ microwave, Keurig™ coffee maker and refrigerator
- Custom aluminum cabinetry
- 43″ high resolution display monitor
- 24″ display monitors
- Blackout curtains
- Communications closet
- Multi-function printer
- Magnetic surface dry erase white boards
- Magnetic soft closure pocket doors
- Dry erase writing surface on overhead cabinets
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..