KIPIC (Kuwait) Incident Command Vehicle
KIPIC of Kuwait chose LDV to build their new incident command vehicle. Built on a Rosenbauer-provided Ford F550, the rear of the vehicle features a 30″ flip-down step with diamondback planking for entering and exiting the vehicle. Once inside the vehicle, there is a conference area with a fixed conference table, fixed bench seating with removable cushions for additional storage space, flip-down bench seating, and two framed magnetic dry erase boards as well. A 48″ LED TV has been installed at the head of the conference table. Red LED lights can also be used in the vehicle during night operations.
A corner workstation has been added and features laminate countertops, a printer shelf, RJ-45 Cat6 network connections, and a spider-base task chair. Overhead cabinets with dry erase writing surfaces have also been installed. A galley kitchen has been added and features microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator. An open framed electronics rack has also been added to house the UPS unit, satellite, wireless airlink router, and other components. This rack can be pulled out when service is needed for any of the housed electronics.
A custom-fabricated aluminum closet houses aluminum box pan shelving that can be adjusted as needed. Also added to the inside was a Columbia weather station with LCD touch screen and two Coleman international series air conditioners to help keep things cool in the heat. Pre-wire and installation provisions were made for communications radios as well.
The outside features a weatherproof exterior workstation with a 42″ high-brightness TV monitor and sealed glass window to protect the TV from the elements. A heavy-duty non-locking telescoping pneumatic mast has been added to the rear of the vehicle and features a thermal night vision camera to keep track of the vehicle’s surroundings. Providing electric power to the vehicle is a 13-kW gasoline generator mounted on its own slide-out tray. An emergency lights and siren package has been installed on the exterior as well.
- Rosenbauer-provided Ford F550
- Flip-down step with diamondback planking
- Exterior workstation with high-brightness TV monitor
- Red LED lights for night operations
- Heavy-duty non-locking telescoping pneumatic mast with thermal night vision camera
- Galley kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator
- Custom-fabricated cabinets
- Aluminum box pan shelves
- Fixed bench seating with removable cushions
- Flip-down bench seating
- Laminate countertops
- RJ-45 Cat6 computer network jacks
- Columbia weather station with LCD touch screen
- (2) international series air conditioners
- 13-kW gasoline generator mounted on a slide-out tray
- Pre-wire and installation provisions for communications radios
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..