Graves County Public Library (KY) Bookmobile
The Graves County Public Library’s new bookmobile is unique! Built on a Champion low-floor kneeling bus, it is powered by a 6.8L gas engine and a 5-speed automatic transmission. A custom patron door has been installed on the passenger side featuring a tempered safety glass window and upper sliding window with a screen. On the side is an 18ft. electric awning to provide shade for those waiting or working outside the vehicle.
In the cab area is a custom-fabricated console to house electrical components and control panel. Custom-fabricated aluminum cabinets provide storage area above the workstation and throughout the rest of the vehicle. Modular aluminum shelving has been installed throughout for displaying various materials. Stack and nest book board bins also provide a way to store books under the fixed bench seating. Clear acrylic wall mounted holders provide a place for the library to display trifolds and other brochures. RJ-45 Cat6 computer network jacks have been utilized at the front and rear workstations as well. Framed whiteboards and cork boards have also been installed at each work station. A fun and funky laminate countertop has been used for durability.
Two low-profile air conditioners keep things cool in the summer while a 13,600 BTU direct discharge gasoline-fired furnace with an individual thermostat keeps things warm in the colder months. Providing electric power when needed is a 7kW 120/240-volt AC generator in its own custom compartment on the rear of the vehicle.
- Champion low-floor kneeling bus
- Custom fabricated console
- 18′ electric awning
- Fixed bench seating
- Custom-fabricated aluminum cabinets
- Modular aluminum shelving
- Stack and Nest book board bins
- RJ-45 Cat6 computer network jacks
- Clear acrylic wall mount brochure holders
- Clear acrylic wall mount trifold brochure holder
- (2) low-profile air conditioner
- 13,600 BTU direct discharge gasoline-fired furnace with individual thermostat
- 7kW 120/240-volt AC generator
- 50A-125/250Vac waterproof shore power inlet
- 20A-125Vac exterior GFCI duplex receptacle
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..