Florida Power & Light Mobile Command Unit
Florida Power and Light selected the agile Ford Transit as the platform for their mobile command unit. The vehicle is powered by a 185HP engine and a 6-speed electronic SelectShift automatic transmission with overdrive.
The interior features three workstations, a custom electronics rack, a whiteboard viewing area and an additional rear workstation. Prewire and installation provisions were made for communications radios to be added to the vehicle. Box pan shelves provide easy access to stored equipment. Custom-fabricated aluminum cabinets feature dry erase writing surfaces and LED strip lighting underneath. Solid surface countertops have been used throughout for maximum durability as well.
A vehicle multiplex system has been integrated to control multiple features like HVAC, awnings, and lighting. An exterior workstation includes a 46” monitor, GFCI duplex receptacles, CAT6 network jacks, and a customer-supplied computer located in the interior electronics rack to use. For HVAC, an air conditioner unit and wall-mounted electric heater help control the temperature. When electric power is needed for the vehicle, a 7.5-kW 120 volt AC generator has been installed in its own custom-fabricated housing. Complete with leveling jacks and ample emergency equipment storage, this agile command unit covers all the bases.
- Ford Transit 148″ WB
- Custom fabricated aluminum cabinets with overhead dry erase
- Commercial grade non-skid flooring
- Aluminum box pan shelving
- Low profile AC
- LDV Intel-I-Touch™ for automated control of onboard power systems
- LED interior lighting
- LED emergency lighting
- Audio/Video including multiple flatscreen TVs and monitors, satellite TV system, DVR, DirecTV, digital HDTV antenna, switcher
- Exterior workstation and outdoor monitor
- Multi-camera surveillance system
- Radio prep, CAT6 computer networking, and phone
- Awning and leveling system
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..