Florida Power & Light Mobile Command Center
Florida Power and Light selected the agile Ford Transit as the platform for their mobile command unit. The vehicle is powered by a 3.5L EcoBoost engine with automatic transmission.
The interior features three workstations, a custom electronics rack, a whiteboard viewing area and an additional rear workstation. Prewire and installation provisions were made for communications radios to be added to the vehicle. Box pan shelves provide easy access to stored equipment. Custom-fabricated aluminum cabinets feature dry erase writing surfaces and LED strip lighting underneath. Solid surface countertops with Lexan covers have been used throughout for maximum durability as well. Blackout curtains can be put up over the cab windows. Four 24″ LED display monitors on wall brackets are included. There is also a large 43″ display monitor installed in the interior.
LDV’s industry exclusive Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system has been integrated to control multiple features like HVAC, awning deployment, and lighting. An exterior workstation includes a 43” signature outdoor monitor, GFCI duplex receptacles, CAT6 network jacks, and a customer-supplied computer located in the interior electronics rack to use. For HVAC, an air conditioner unit and wall-mounted electric heater help control the temperature. When electric power is needed for the vehicle, a 7kW 120 volt AC generator has been installed in its own custom-fabricated housing. All of the vehicle’s electronics are protected by a full vehicle surge suppression system. Complete with leveling jacks and ample emergency equipment storage, this agile command unit covers all the bases.
Additional features include: DirecTV Slimline satellite system, IP network camera system with hybrid video recorder, HDMI matrix switcher and more.
- Ford Transit 350 High Roof Extended
- 3.5L EcoBoost engine
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Vehicle leveling system
- Power retracting exterior awning
- Weatherproof exterior workstation
- 7kW generator
- Full vehicle surge suppression system
- DirecTV auto acquire satellite
- Removable flag pole
- Custom rear entry step
- LED scene lighting
- Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system
- (2) local Intel-I-Touch touchpads
- Solid surface countertops with Lexan protectors
- Custom aluminum cabinets
- Slide-out printer tray
- Customer-supplied communications radios
- CAT6 network wiring and jacks
- Low profile rooftop A/C unit with thermostat
- Wall-mounted electric heater
- Network IP camera system
- Hybrid video recorder
- Blackout curtains for cab windows
- Geotab vehicle locator with window sticker
- (4) 24″ display monitors
- 43″ display monitor (interior)
- 43″ display monitor (in exterior workstation)
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..