Florida Department of Law Enforcement Mobile Command Center
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement chose an LDV stock series for their new mobile command center. Built on a Freightliner M2 106 2wd diesel chassis, this vehicle features one industry-exclusive flat-floor slide-out to optimize the interior space of the vehicle. This slide-out is controlled by LDV’s Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system, which assists in the startup and shutdown of the vehicle. Other features controlled by Intel-I-Touch include awnings, generators, emergency lights, interior lights, and so much more.
The interior of this vehicle is divided into three sections with two flush pocket doors on heavy-duty aluminum tracks to create privacy when needed. The front of the vehicle features a work area with four workstations. These workstations include 20A-125Vac duplex receptacle with dual USB charging ports, HDMI inputs, Cat6 computer network jacks, under cabinet LED strip lights, and custom overhead cabinets with dry erase surfaces. There is also a framed magnetic white board on the curbside wall and a 32″ LED Smart HDTV on the street side wall. In the center is a galley kitchen featuring a coffee maker, microwave, and 2.7 cu. ft. refrigerator. Opposite this galley kitchen is a generous electronics rack, single door closet, and double door closet area. The rear of the vehicle is a conference area with a fixed conference table, a 50″ and 65″ television monitor, sliding egress window, framed magnetic white board and flip-down bench seating.
A weatherproof exterior workstation can be found on the rear curbside slide-out. This additional workstation includes a 50″ monitor, mini Intel-I-Touch pad, two GFCI outlets, two 120V dual USB power ports, one HDMI input, two CAT6 jacks, and an Extron touchpad along with a flip-down surface for additional work space. On the rear, a heavy-duty non-locking telescoping pneumatic mast has been installed along with a Will-Burt® Night Scan Powerlite light tower on the roof of the vehicle. Access to the roof is provided by a 15″ wide ladder mounted on the rear. Extreme duty body storage compartments have been integrated into the vehicle’s body as well for exterior storage space. A 14′ automatic electric awning has been installed, providing cover over the curbside access door. To provide electric power to the vehicle when needed, a 20-kW liquid-cooled diesel generator has been installed in a custom-fabricated compartment. An emergency lights and siren package has been integrated into the body of the vehicle for high visibility. Ensuring the vehicle is level at any scene, a heavy-duty automatic vehicle leveling system has been installed.
- Freightliner M2 106 2wd Diesel chassis
- Extreme duty body storage compartments
- (1) industry-exclusive flat-floor slide-out
- Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system
- Weatherproof exterior work station with 50″ monitor, Intel-I-Touch pad, GFCI outlets, dual USB power ports, HDMI input, and CAT6 jacks
- Custom-fabricated aluminum cabinets and closets
- Galley kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, and 2.7 cu. ft. capacity
- Flip-down bench seating
- Pre-wire and installation provisions for customer-installed communications radios
- Electronics rack
- Will-Burt® Night Scan Powerlite light tower
- 14′ automatic electric awning
- Heavy-duty non-locking telescoping pneumatic mast
- 20-kW liquid-cooled diesel generator
- (3) ducted low-profile air conditioners
- (2) wall mount 5,120 Btu/hr electric heaters
- (1) kick space mount 5,120 Btu/hr electric heater
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..