Eversource Energy Mobile Command Center
Eversource Energy recently took delivery of this new mobile command and communications vehicle. Built on an International HV chassis, the all aluminum construction feature four of LDV’s in-house fabricated flat-floor slide-outs to increase the interior workspace. The vehicle also has two weatherproof exterior workstations: one houses a SunBrite 49″ Pro Series monitor and the other is a dedicated exterior workspace with touchpad controls, flip-down work surface and high resolution display monitor. We outfitted the vehicle with our extreme duty body storage compartments for gear as well as our custom fabricated pull-out stair case and handrail on the curbside of the vehicle.
Additionally on the exterior, a telescoping pneumatic mast was installed to hold two dome network IP cameras, a folding rear ladder for rooftop access, LED emergency and scene lighting, perimeter low-mounted puddle lights and more. A huge power retractable awning was also integrated to the outside of the vehicle. Inside the cab, a custom fabricated center console holds electronics equipment as well as a laptop mount. A Zone Defense color backup camera system helps with parking maneuvers.
On the inside of the vehicle, Eversource went with a front collaboration and meeting area with height adjustable table, workstations with dual 24″ monitors, solid surface counter tops and spider base task chairs. HVAC can be controlled locally within the room or by the Intel-I-Touch™ touchscreen. Two large displays were installed along with an Extron video switcher to display a variety of video inputs to any monitor within the vehicle. Aluminum cabinets are also installed for storage. Magnetic dry erase white boards are installed for making notes on scene.
The center of the vehicle houses two large electronics racks with room for addition gear installation. A galley with refrigerator and microwave was installed for long on-scene operations. The rear of the vehicle is a dedicated conference room with fixed table, spider base task chairs and flip-down bench seats on the two outer walls. An additional corner workstation was included in the design. Large monitors can accept video source feeds courtesy of the Extron system.
- International HV chassis
- All aluminum body
- Automatic transmission
- 4 LDV fabricated flat-floor slide-outs
- 2 weatherproof exterior workstations
- Extreme duty body storage compartments
- Telescoping pneumatic mast with look-up camera
- Perimeter surveillance camera system
- Body mounted camera system
- Whelen LED emergency lighting package
- Whelen LED scene lighting package
- Custom fabricated center console
- Color backup camera system
- Custom aluminum pull-out stairs
- Front conference room with workstations
- Height-adjustable center table
- Aluminum cabinets
- 12 magnetic dry erase white boards
- Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation touchscreen
- Extron video switcher
- 25kW Wrico Platinum diesel generator
- 2 full vehicle surge suppression systems
- 4 ducted low profile air conditioners
- 4-24″ LED monitors
- 6-43″ LED monitors
- 1-55″ LED interactive display
- 1-32″ LED Smart TV
- 1-49″ SunBrite Pro Series Monitor in exterior workstation
- Wireless microphone with paging system
- Dome network IP cameras
- Customer-supplied communications radios
- CAT6 network wiring and jacks
- Columbia Weather Systems weather station
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..