City of Naperville (IL) Mobile Command Center
We recently completed this mobile command center for the City of Naperville in Illinois. The vehicle features a Freightliner M2 106 conventional single rear axle chassis with a 33,000 GVWR, Cummins L9 360HP diesel engine and an Allison 3000 EVS automatic transmission. The all aluminum body of the command center features two in-house fabricated flat floor slide-outs and our Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system. We added an exterior charging station, exterior workstation and our Extreme Duty body storage compartments to the vehicle as well. A non locking rear pneumatic mast was added with perimeter surveillance camera equipment. To stabilize the command center on scene, a vehicle leveling system is installed. A TriMark keyless entry system has also been installed with remote radio frequency (RF) transmitter fob. Whelen emergency and scene lighting has also been installed to the exterior. A custom pull out aluminum stair cassette has been added for entry into the vehicle.
Inside, the command center has a front work area with two sets of café-style seating. The seats are fixed and made in house for staff. We added magnetic surface dry erase white boards to the side walls. We wall mounted a 55″ high resolution display monitor to the front wall. Two additional 32″ monitors have been added to the front area as well. The center of the vehicle has a large electronics rack and a closet with adjustable shelving. Magnetic soft close pocket doors are utilized for privacy.
The rear conference room has a center table with six spider base task chairs. Two additional workstations are included in the curbside rear slide out. A large 65″ high resolution display monitor is wall mounted to the streetside wall. A 55″ Vibe smartboard with conferencing camera is wall mounted to the rear wall.
The HVAC system consists of three ducted low profile rooftop A/C units with wall thermostat and two direct discharge diesel-fired furnaces. A poweful 20kW liquid cooled diesel generator supplies plenty of electric power to the command center. A full vehicle surge suppression system has been installed to protect all of the installed electronics. A Will-Burt Night Scan LED telescoping light tower is also installed. Four perimeter IP cameras are installed for surveillance. An Extron 4K 16×8 video matrix switcher handles all of the video sources.
- Freightliner M2 106 conventional single axle chassis
- Cummins L9 diesel engine
- Allison 3000EVS automatic transmission
- (2) In-house fabricated flat floor slide outs
- Weatherproof exterior workstation
- Electronics charging station
- Vehicle leveling system
- Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system
- Extreme Duty body storage compartments
- Non-locking rear pneumatic mast with perimeter surveillance cameras (2)
- (4) Perimeter IP surveillance cameras on the body
- 16×8 Extron video matrix switcher
- TriMark keyless entry system
- (8) Spider base task chairs
- Fixed bench seating
- Vibe collaboration monitor with conferencing camera
- Pull out aluminum stair cassette at entry door
- Café-style workstations in front room
- Large electronics rack
- Magnetic soft close pocket doors
- Magnetic surface dry erase white boards
- LED scene lighting
- Complete emergency lighting and siren package
- Prewired for communications radios
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..