City of Elgin (IL) Mobile Command Center
The city of Elgin chose LDV to build their new mobile command center. Built on an International HV607 SBA 6×4 conventional cab chassis, powered by a Cummins L9-360 engine and Allison 3000 EVS 6-speed with double overdrive and PTO provision. We integrated four of our in-house fabricated flat-floor slide out room extensions, which provide additional workspace to the interior when needed. An exterior workstation has also been integrated into the body. LDV has also added our industry-exclusive Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system, which can control different vehicle systems such as HVAC, lights, leveling, and more with the touch of a button.
Flip down bench seating has been built for this mobile command center in the front conference room. A large conference table sits in the middle with six spider base task chairs that can be stowed via brackets on the underside of the flip-down bench seating. Two large framed magnetic white boards line the inside of the slide-outs. Four small flip-down laminate work surfaces have also been added to the street side and curb side slide-outs.
In the center is a galley area complete with microwave and 2.7 cu. ft. refrigerator for convenience. Throughout the vehicle are eight magnetic white boards framed in aluminum, perfect for quick note taking.Custom fabricated aluminum cabinets have been added throughout. Two pocket doors have been installed to help create privacy and reduce noise between the different areas.
At the rear of the vehicle are more workstations with overhead cabinets with dry erase writing surfaces, monitors, spider base task chairs, and multiple inputs. A stowable conference table with laminate countertop can also be deployed in the center of this area.
A weatherproof exterior door provides access to the charging station compartment so personnel can charge their devices even when outside. Providing electric power to the mobile command center when needed is a 25-kW liquid-cooled diesel generator in custom fabricated compartment. The rear of the vehicle has been affixed with a heavy-duty non-locking telescoping pneumatic mast and a Dome Network camera. HVAC is handled by five ducted low-profile air conditioners, one Broan model 5,120 BTU/hr electric heater, and two 12,000-16,000 BTU/hr direct discharge diesel fired furnaces. Two motorized retractable lateral arm awnings have also been added to the exterior, providing shade to those working outside.
- International HV607 SBA 6×4 Conventional Cab chassis
- (4) flat-floor slide out room extensions
- LDV’s Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system with mini touch panels
- Weatherproof exterior workstation with TV/monitor compartment
- Galley area with microwave and 2.7 cu. ft. refrigerator
- Flip-down bench seating
- Custom fabricated aluminum cabinets
- (8) magnetic dry erase boards framed in aluminum
- (4) small flip-down laminate work surface
- Removable table with street side bulkhead storage
- 25-kW liquid-cooled diesel generator in custom fabricated compartment
- Heavy-duty non-locking telescoping pneumatic mast with Dome Network camera
- (5) ducted low-profile air conditioners
- (1) Broan model 5,120 BTU/hr electric heater
- (2) 12,000-16,000 BTU/hr direct discharge diesel-fired furnaces
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..