Broome County Emergency Management (NY) Mobile Command Center
This recent command center build features a Kenworth T480 conventional cab chassis with tandem rear axles, Paccar PX-9 380HP diesel engine and an Allison 3000 EVS automatic transmission with PTO provision. The all aluminum body features four of our in-house fabricated flat floor slide-outs and dual exterior workstations. An exterior-access lavatory on the streetside of the vehicle is also included. We added a vehicle leveling system to stabilize the command center when deployed. Our Extreme Duty body storage compartments provide additional space for gear. Our exclusive Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system simplifies the deployment of the vehicle on scene. We added a complete emergency lighting and siren package to the vehicle. A non-locking pneumatic mast has been added to the vehicle exterior with dual dome network IP cameras.
Inside, a front conference and collaboration room in the command center has a center table and dual workstations in the curbside slide-out. Spider base task chairs as well as fixed bench seats provide seating for staff. We also added a flip down bench seat. The front wall has a 43″ high resolution display monitor and magnetic surface dry erase white boards. Each slide out wall has a 43″ display monitor as well. Custom fabricated aluminum cabinets are utilized for storage. LED lighting is utilized throughout the vehicle interior.
The center of the vehicle features a large electronics rack to house all of the installed equipment. A galley complete with microwave, Keurig® coffee maker and a small refrigerator are also included. The rear room features four workstations each with a spider base task chair and dual 24″ display monitors. Overhead cabinets feature dry erase writing surface. We prewired and installed the customer radios as well. There is a stowable center table with two leg height choices for stand up or sit down meetings.
A powerful 25kW liquid-cooled diesel generator supplies plenty of electric power to the command center. A full vehicle surge suppression system protects the installed electronics. A Will-Burt Night Scan Powerlite light tower is also installed on the exterior. An automatic satellite system has also been added to the roof. Four perimeter IP cameras are utilized for proximity awareness. We also added a digital HDTV antenna. A 16×16 4K video matrix switcher manages the video sources and monitor distribution throughout the vehicle. The HVAC system consists of four ducted low profile rooftop A/C units with wall thermostat, power roof ventilators and direct discharge furnaces.
- Kenworth T480 conventional cab chassis
- 56,000lb. GVWR
- All aluminum body construstion
- (4) Flat floor slide-outs
- Intel-I-Touch™ vehicle automation system
- Weatherproof exterior workstation
- Extreme Duty body storage compartments
- Vehicle leveling system
- CAT6 network wiring and jacks
- 16×16 4K video matrix switcher
- Non-locking rear mast with (2) dome network IP cameras
- Lateral arm awning
- 25kW liquid-cooled diesel generator
- Lavatory with streetside access
- (12) spider base task chairs
- Flip down bench seating
- Magnetic surface dry erase white boards
- Wilsonart solid surface counter tops
- (4) Ducted low profile rooftop A/C units
- Pressurized water supply system
- Galley w/ microwave, Keurig and refrigerator
- Sliding egress windows
- Pull out stair cassette at lavatory
- Custom fabricated aluminum cabinetry
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
Have a question? We’ve got answers..