Aurora Sciences Flight Simulator
Aurora Sciences Flight Simulator chose a Ford F550 chassis for their mobile operations center for piloting commercial drones. The interior includes custom fabricated aluminum cabinets with dry erase writing surfaces, adjustable closet shelving, a flip down countertop for a workstation, galley kitchen, and more. Two low profile air conditioners and two wall mounted electric heaters help keep the temperature comfortable. Aurora also chose to include a gasoline generator in its own custom fabricated compartment. The exterior includes emergency lighting, dual telescoping tripod light poles, Zone Defense color back up camera system, and an electric awning. A 40' pneumatic telescoping mast with a custom fabricated aluminum bucket has been added to the back of the vehicle as well.
- Ford F550 chassis
- 6.8L V10 engine
- TorqShift 5-Speed automatic transmission
- 19,500-lb. GVWR
- Zone Defense backup camera system
- Galley kitchen
- Custom fabricated aluminum cabinets
- Dry erase writing surface on overhead cabinets
- Magnetic dry erase board
- Adjustable closet shelves
- 2 low profile air conditioners
- 2 Broan wall mounted electric heaters
- Power Tech gasoline generator
- Dual telescoping tripod light pole
- Telescoping pneumatic mast
- Electric awning
"LDV was a joy to work with. We had a great working relationship with them. They were consistently quick...
Thank you all for being a really great company to work with. This has been an enjoyable process on this end.
"LDV is amazing. Sales Specialist, Scott Remer is BEST OF THE BEST!"
Support and Resources
Have a question? We've got answers.
Get the answers you need.
Discover our financing options.