Maintaining Your Rear Engine-Driven A/C System
Take the time to perform routine maintenance on your rear air conditioning system to ensure it works properly in warm weather.
Cleaning the filter in the Evaporator prevents your system from becoming clogged or overworked. For this project, you will need a cordless screwdriver or a drill with a Phillips bit for removing the screws.
1. Remove the (4) screws from the plastic evaporator cover and remove the cover.
2. Remove the (6) screws from the metal panel so the panel will drop down.
- Please note, the screws may be hidden under the black foam covering the panel.
3. Remove the plastic pins holding the metal filter to the evaporator.
4. Clean or replace the filter depending on its condition.
- This can be done using 409 or another degreasing agent and rinsing with water.
- Newer units feature foam filters that you will also clean with 409 or a degreasing agent and rinsing with water.
- Replacement filter part number: 22010363
5. Reinstall the filter, metal panel and plastic evaporator cover.
For any questions, please contact our Service Department: